[CMake] hear hear

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Dec 6 16:33:13 EST 2011

On 6 December 2011 17:19, Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 December 2011, Mateusz Łoskot wrote:
>> >
>> > Yes please.
>> > And I think in general that is true. Of course it is more interesting and
>> > often more urgent to spend time on "exotic" problems. But there are
>> > these basics that are missing in the documentation.
>>
>> It's a great idea and I've been suggesting and looking for best
>> practices for long time:
>>
>> http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2010-March/035596.html
>>
>> I'd add also:
>>
>> Find*.cmake modules should be documented separately (separate
>> chapters/pages) from the main documentation. The current documentation is
>> already very long and navigating it has become difficult.
>
> Do you mean the book or the man/html pages ?

I meant the Web version:

http://cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8-docs.html

But, it turns I'm wrong, as the HTML version installed with CMake
is well organised. For example, on Windows users get:

%ProgramFiles%/CMake 2.8/doc/cmake-2.8/cmake-modules.html

False complain, apologies.

Best regards,
Member of ACCU, http://accu.org