[CMake] "make install" files

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 07:43:53 EST 2011

2011/12/6 H Xu <xusubsc at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> In cmake, install command is used to indicate the files that need to be
> installed, and install(DIRECTORY ...) could be used to install directories.
> However, I can't find a way to install files in a directory EXCEPT a few
> files that I do not want to install. Is it possible to do this?

May be using the PATTERN option + EXCLUDE

see the doc from
install(DIRECTORY dirs... DESTINATION <dir>
                 [FILE_PERMISSIONS permissions...]
                 [DIRECTORY_PERMISSIONS permissions...]
                 [USE_SOURCE_PERMISSIONS] [OPTIONAL]
                 [CONFIGURATIONS [Debug|Release|...]]
                 [COMPONENT <component>] [FILES_MATCHING]
                 [[PATTERN <pattern> | REGEX <regex>]
                  [EXCLUDE] [PERMISSIONS permissions...]] [...])

http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8-docs.html#command:install
--
Erk
http://www.april.org