[CMake] How to clean up long strings in option()

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 17:27:07 EST 2011

I have a very long description in one of my options:

option( THIRD_PARTY_DISABLE_UPDATE_CHECK "Forcibly disable update checks
for third party libraries. Useful for when network connection is slow. It
is safe to turn this off in cases where you know
third_party_definitions.cmake hasn't changed and all third party libraries
have been correctly downloaded." OFF )

It pushes the default value way off the screen of my text editor, so it's
not immediately visible. I want to avoid as much horizontal scrolling as
possible, so is there a good way to clean this up that doesn't involve
shortening the content in my documentation? It would be nice if the
option's default value was the 2nd parameter and the doc string was the 3rd.

---------
Robert Dailey