[CMake] Debugging the ExternalProject_Add download step

Lori Pritchett-Sheats lpritch at lanl.gov
Fri Dec 2 16:29:20 EST 2011

I'm using the ExternalProject_Add function and I've run into a problem
downloading a tar file. It creates a zero length file and fails when the
MD5 check fails. I have logging active, but I'm not seeing anything
useful. I have other tar files from external sites that are downloaded
successfully, so I don't know why this particular site is failing. The
one difference is this site is a 'https://....' and the others are
'http://...'.

How can I debug this problem? Is there an issue with the downloads and
https?

Thanks.

--
Lori A. Pritchett-Sheats, PhD.
CCS-2, Computational Physics and Methods

Los Alamos National Laboratory
P.O. Box 1663
MS D413
Los Alamos, NM 87544