[CMake] CMake 2.8.6-rc1 ready for testing!

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Aug 30 11:11:32 EDT 2011

On 8/30/2011 4:11 AM, Andrea Galeazzi wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to know if the bug 0011258
> <http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=11258> will be fixed or the
> community simply decided to give it up.
> Any changes for 0012294 to be assigned?

I don't think we have given up, but we are certainly at a technical
roadblock.   No really has a solution that will work consistently.

To give a background, the auto-running of cmake when input files change,
and the subsequent reloading of the project in the VS 10 IDE is not
always working.  In VS 8 and 9, we have a solution that works pretty
well.   It does something like this:

1. cmake is run when any of its input files are changed
2. if cmake finds a running VS IDE that has the same project loaded
    - It pops up a dialog that gives the user the chance to:
       - stop the current build and reload the project

This is done with a VS macro that is installed by cmake.

This fails to work well in VS 10.

-Bill