[CMake] Call for community dashboard submissions

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Aug 16 07:33:44 EDT 2011

Good morning, CMake-ers...

Some gloomy news for some of our platforms (Sun, QNX):

These two platforms are now "less covered" this month on our CMake
dashboard. Our old faithful, last piece of genuine Sun hardware bit
the dust last month. dashsun1 last submitted a full set of dashboards
on July 22, 2011. R.I.P. We used to build the release binaries for the
Sun platform on that machine. And the machines that were submitting
our QNX dashboards have also been unreliable of late.

Questions for the community:

- does anybody rely strongly on Kitware's pre-built binaries for the
Sun platform? We will be discontinuing these unless there's a large
outcry -- our download stats indicate a very small user base indeed...
You should still be able to download the source and "bootstrap" on Sun
platforms, but we really need dashboards to make sure it keeps working
with the older compiler here.

- can anybody contribute Continuous and Nightly dashboards for the Sun
platform and compilers on old (but still working) Sun hardware?

- is there anybody else out there that could offer Continuous and
Nightly dashboards for the QNX platform?

Since CMake already works on these platforms, we'd like to keep it
working moving forward. We'll only be able to reliably do that if we
have reliable dashboard submissions from those platforms on a
Continuous, or at the very minimum, a Nightly basis. On the other
hand, if nobody steps forward, perhaps we'll just "let go" for these
platforms...

Thanks,
David Cole
Kitware, Inc.