[CMake] Unable to locate boost_unit_test_framework-vc90-mt-gd-1_45.lib

Mathias Gaunard mathias.gaunard at ens-lyon.org
Thu Aug 11 05:25:17 EDT 2011

On 08/10/2011 04:27 PM, Stephen Torri wrote:

> LNK1104: cannot open file 'boost_unit_test_framework-vc90-mt-gd-1_45.lib'
> I have boost installed in C:\boost. The FIND_BOOST macro able to find
> the installation headers and libraries I require. The only thing that is
> different is that the directory has the Boost unit test framework named as:
> C:\boost\lib\libboost_unit_test_framework-vc90-mt-gd-1_45.lib
> That name, libboost_unit_test...., is different from the expected name
> of boost_unit_test...
> I am at a loss as to why this is the case.

The difference between the version with the "lib" and the one without is
that one is a static library and the other is an import library for a DLL.

That kind of error probably comes from the fact that Boost does
auto-linking with MSVC and that the library you've selected with CMake
does not match what the header expects.

In any case, the documentation of FindBoost covers this.