[CMake] Assembler handling in 2.8.5 vs 2.8.4

Florian Reinhard florian.reinhard at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 8 07:22:58 EDT 2011

2011/8/1 Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>:
>> I attached the gdb output i got. I've been running gdb from a minGW32
>> installation on a normal windows cmd.exe on windows7 x64.
>> Unfortunately there's no backtrace (or i'm just don't know gdb well
>> enough) and as soon as i execute "strace" after the cmake crash, gdb
>> crashes as well.
>
> Can you try to "catch throw" in gdb, then gdb should break when the exception
> is thrown, and you should be able to get a backtrace then, so we can see where
> it is thrown.
Catch throw isn't able to produce a backtrace either. See attachment

>> I'm compiling a complete firmware for a Texas
>> Instruments DSP (674x family) and no single binaries.
>
> Just to make sure I understand correctly: the firmware consists of one big
> binary which contains everything and there are no shared libraries or anything
> like this, right ?

Right, everything get's linked together into one single big binary, no
shared libraries.
I doubt anyone runs a real OS on these chips. There is the TI OMAP
platform which have a ARM Core which run Linux, but i can't tell which
compiler they use for the ARM Core.

Besides the issues above: the commandline options you provided do work
with the 7.2.x series but aren't compatible with the 6.1.x series
which is still maintained by TI but doesn't feature verbose (=long)
commandline options. Using short commandline options 7.2.x and 6.1.x
are compatible on CLI.
What's the way to go here? Duplicate the code in the .cmake modules,
keep the more readable 7.2.x version and add the same ones for 6.1.x
again?

Kind Regards,
Florian