No subject

Sun Apr 3 09:54:08 EDT 2011

interesting option.  Yes, I can tell users that they have to manually delete
a sub-tree and re-run the configure step and then rebuild the top level
project.  But realistically that isn't going to fly for the majority of
users, especially the Visual Studio users.  They just want to select build,
or rebuild and expect it to work.

If I get some spare time I will investigate further what would be involved.

--
Glenn

--0050450145382de98d04a77c7d47

ir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:david.cole at kitware.com">david.cole at kitware=
rgin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">
s possible. I&#39;m also sure that it&#39;s a huge effort to get it to work=
 with all CMake generators. It will also be difficult to write a good test =
of the functionality.<br>

 a full file-system-level clean of deleting the entire build tree, followed=
 by a quick configure with CMake of the top level project, followed by a re=
gular build has largely the same net result with negligible difference in t=
otal build time. If the difference in total build time is non-negligible, a=
nd really annoying to somebody, then this huge effort may well be worth it =
to them, at that point in time.<br>

te><div><br>I understand where you&#39;re coming from on the resources fron=
t.=A0 There would obviously be some effort required to get this to work pro=
perly.=A0 I&#39;m not convinced it is such a huge amount of work as you&#39=
;re suggesting, but then I don&#39;t know the source code as well as you do=
 :-)<br>
 interesting option.=A0 Yes, I can tell users that they have to manually de=
lete a sub-tree and re-run the configure step and then rebuild the top leve=
l project.=A0 But realistically that isn&#39;t going to fly for the majorit=
y of users, especially the Visual Studio users.=A0 They just want to select=
 build, or rebuild and expect it to work.<br>

--0050450145382de98d04a77c7d47--