[CMake] cmake not found

David Henderson dnadavewa at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 21:01:59 EDT 2011

I'm having trouble compiling a project using cmake.  Here is the output from the
command line execution of the offending line of my Makefile on Windows 7 64bit:

E:> cmake -G "MSYS Makefiles" ../src/explorergui -DR_LIBRARIES=${LIBR}
CMakeCache.txt -DR_INCLUDES=${R_INCLUDE_DIR}
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../inst/libs/
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Rtools/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Rtools/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe -- broken
CMake Error at C:/CMake-2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:52
(MESSAGE):
  The C compiler "C:/Rtools/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe" is not able to compile a
  simple test program.

  It fails with the following output:

   Change Dir:
E:/workspace/GSDesignGUI/package/gsDesignExplorer/explorergui-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

  Run Build Command:C:/Rtools/bin/make.exe "cmTryCompileExec/fast"

  /usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build.make
  CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build

  make[1]: Entering directory
  `/cygdrive/e/workspace/GSDesignGUI/package/gsDesignExplorer/explorergui-build/
CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'

  /C/CMake-2.8/bin/cmake.exe -E cmake_progress_report
  /E/workspace/GSDesignGUI/package/gsDesignExplorer/explorergui-build/CMakeFiles
/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles
  1

  /C/CMake-2.8/bin/cmake.exe: not found

  make[1]: Leaving directory
  `/cygdrive/e/workspace/GSDesignGUI/package/gsDesignExplorer/explorergui-build/
CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'

  make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/testCCompiler.c.obj] Error
  127

  make: *** [cmTryCompileExec/fast] Error 2

  CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:3 (project)

E:>

cmake is in C:\CMake-2.8\bin, so why am I getting this error?  I initially
thought the problem was with the space used in Program Files, but moving cmake
2.8 to the root didn't seem to fix the error.  Any idea on what is going on?

Thanks!!

Dave H