[CMake] osx 10.6 10.5 compability issue

Yngve Levinsen yngve.levinsen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 04:35:37 EDT 2011

So I tried, and noticed a few things:

1. When I set CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET the setting does NOT show up
if I do "ccmake ." in the build folder. Is this correct behaviour?

2. I use fortran as a linker language. At first I thought I set it
wrongly since it did not have any effect and I could not see a change
when doing "ccmake ." I then created an empty test project with c++
and noticed that I needed the linker flag "-mmacosx-version-min=10.5".
I added this to CMake_Fortran_LINK_FLAGS, which seems to work.

I then obviously had the problem that the libgfortran.dylib was not
created with the 10.5 compatibility, but this is the fault of macports
and have nothing to do with cmake.

Cheers,
Yngve