[CMake] Triggering individual steps of externalproject_add add cmake time

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Apr 28 13:56:59 EDT 2011

I would strongly encourage you to allow the download to occur at build time
using ExternalProject_Add. There's no need to make the configure step of
CMake wait for a download.

There is no way to execute the custom command steps of an ExternalProject at
cmake configure time...

If you really want to do it, though, just use "execute_process" and give it
the command that you want to run to clone or pull from the git repo.

"execute_process" calls, when used in a CMakeLists.txt file, run while CMake
is configuring the build tree.

HTH,
David