[CMake] CMake does not work well on VS2010 regarding to 'Output File' option

Zhijun Zhao elite.orient at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 02:52:05 EDT 2011

Hi,

Short story:

Correct me if I'm wrong, CMake will automatically append the ${CONFIG} ,
either debug or release, to the output file path. This is fine if my output
directory is .../someplace/debug/ or .../someplace/release/ . But if I want
the output directory like .../someplace/hybrid/,  it's kind of
unachievable.

Is there any method not letting CMake to append the ${CONFIG} value to the
output file path?

Actually, I have a solution for this, which is to set the OUPUT_NAME
property to the value like *..*/hybrid/some-lib-name.

Long story:

The above solution works fine for VS2008. But when I upgrade VS2008 to
VS2010, it doesn't work. I find that the VC project's 'Output File' property
doesn't get set, which prevent my solution from coming into effect. However,
the 'Import Library' property is set correctly as expected. Is there any
solution for this? I guess this is a bug of CMake.

Thanks,
Barney Zhao