[CMake] BundleUtilities (was RPATH on Mac)

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Apr 20 11:17:10 EDT 2011

On Apr 20, 2011, at 10:55 AM, David Cole wrote:

> What is wrong with that one ?
>
> Nothing is wrong with it, but there is no link from the app to the plugin, so fixup_bundle cannot determine that it's necessary and automatically pull it in. The plugin, from the app's point of view, is something that may or may not exist, and if it does, it's dynamically loaded. So you need to install it into the bundle first, and then you need to tell fixup_bundle about it so that it gets included in the set of fixed up libraries.
>
> Hope this helps,
> David

Is that the part that changed from CMake 2.8.3 to 2.8.4? I am using CMake 2.8.3 and all my code works fine but I don't think I explicitly "install" the plugin but rather list it (the absolute path to the built plugin) as an argument to the "fixup_bundle" function. Will that scheme still work under CMake 2.8.4?

 There are some other issues with CMake 2.8.4 with BundleUtilities and my code which is why I have not updated from 2.8.3

Mike Jackson
www.bluequartz.net