[CMake] LINK_FLAGS works incorrectly,

Łukasz Tasz lukasz at tasz.eu
Mon Apr 18 13:37:20 EDT 2011

Hi,

Of course I read manual. But I'm a little bit confused. That's why I'm
asking about idea behind LINK_FLAGS,

Cmake is not consequent because when I'm adding:

add_library(test foo.cxx bar.cxx)
SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES( test PROPERTIES SOVERSION 1.2 VERSION 1.1)

it 'magicaly knows' how to build linking commands and according to gcc
manual it is done in a way:

-Wl,-soname,libtest.so.1.2

I'm also fine with answer that it is not implemented, and I need to
handle it by myself.
I would like to understand why for some linker switches cmake is
aligning it correctly, for some not.

best regards
Lukasz

--