[CMake] Post-Build commands on custom targets are always executed?

Michael Hertling mhertling at online.de
Fri Apr 15 17:48:30 EDT 2011

On 04/15/2011 11:22 PM, Oliver Buchtala wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I observe that a custom command attached to a custom target as
> POST-BUILD is launched on every build.
> Is that true? or is it a misconfiguration on my side?
>
> Bye,
> Oliver

A custom target is always out of date, i.e. it is always rebuilt when
it is visited - as a prerequisite of another target or due to the ALL
clause, e.g., and since the target has been rebuilt, each associated
POST_BUILD custom command is rerun. Thus, the behaviour you observed
is correct, expected and reasonable, IMO.

Regards,

Michael