[CMake] Problems with using libraries that supercede system libraries

cheshirekow cheshirekow at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 16:21:35 EDT 2011

> You should set CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH instead of relying on pkgconfig. Then you can
> be sure that cmake will figure out the stuff in a way that it works (i.e.
> libraries with full paths).

That worked like a charm. I'm glad there turned out to be a simple
solution.

> > link_directories( ${GTKmm_LIBRARY_DIRS}  )
>
> You should not need to call link_directories()...

Removed, thanks for the tip.

> ... instead ${GTKmm_LIBRARIES} should be a list of libraries with full path.
> Is that the case ?
> What does
> message(STATUS "gtkmm: ${GTKmm_LIBRARIES}") give ?

Prior to exporting CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH, it listed full paths to the
libraries and they were /usr/... paths. After setting CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH,
they're all /home/josh/Codes/...

Thanks for the help!

Josh