[CMake] How to differ?

Thomas Lehmann t.lehmann at rtsgroup.net
Fri Oct 29 09:51:22 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm new to the cmake tool trying to find out how to apply
this best to our system. Here's a problem I would like
to know how to do best:

Assume following setup:

-          /projects/libs/one

-          /projects/libs/two

-          /projects/apps/first

-          /projects/apps/two

Both application are using both libraries.
Being in /tmp/obj ....

I have  some options to prepare a build:

-          cmake /projects   (this means: intending to build all)

-          cmake /projects/libs (this means: intending to  build all libraries only)

-          cmake /projects/apps (this means: intending to build all applications)

-          cmake /projects/apps/first (this means: intending to build app "first" only)

Now the question(s):

-          Using "build all" is fine. I'm using "link_directories" for both applications.
But using the last two examples I fail with "cannot find -lone" (and two).
How can I fix this?

-          I know I could use "include_subdirectory" but then I fail with first and third
example. I will get a message like "another target with same name already exists".
Both question are relating to same.

We would like to be flexible...
Could somebody provide a little help please?

Kind Regards
Thomas

Thomas Lehmann
Scrum Master

[cid:rts-logo.png at c547960bd3b149468eddcd645a5a1841]

RTS Realtime Systems Software GmbH, Rembrandtstrasse 13, D-60596 Frankfurt am Main
T: +49.69.61009.0 / F: +49.69.61009.181

Sitz: Frankfurt am Main - HRB 84467 Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main
Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Steffen Gemuenden, Igor Sluga

www.rtsgroup.net

This email and any attachments are for the exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please notify me immediately by return email and promptly delete this message and its attachments from your computer system.