[CMake] cmake for cygwin

Marco Atzeri marco_atzeri at yahoo.it
Thu Oct 28 08:19:49 EDT 2010

--- Mer 27/10/10, Alan W. Irwin  ha scritto:

> On 2010-10-26 17:53-0400 Bill Hoffman
> wrote:
>
> > The policy mechanism might not be ideal but in a year
> or so, all of this would go away, and the meantime the
> patches you have to maintain for cygwin ports would become
> trivial.  The patch would basically have a set cmake
> version at the top.   I thought the command
> line option was a nice compromise.
>
> Bill, as somebody associated with a software package
> (PLplot) which
> already works on Cygwin, I think the policy mechanism is
> the ideal way
> to handle this requested change.  I do believe the
> Cygwin packagers
> when they say the change will make a lot more projects
> build without
> issues on Cygwin, but it is also extremely likely their
> preferred
> solution (breaking backwards compatibility for cmake) would
> also break
> currently working builds (such as the PLplot one) on
> Cygwin.
[cut]

> Alan

Hi Irwin,
thanks for the feedback.

PLplot seems a interesting piece of software,
and I noticed it needs/looks qhull and octave,
of whom I am the cygwin package maintainer.

Excluding the tcl/tk requirement, whose package need deep
maintenance on cygwin, PLplot build fine with WIN32=0.
With just some quirk behaviour building the modules (*.rc),
but it could be a interference of my antivirus

There is a general test mode ? Or I should run one by one

 test-drv-info"
 test_cairo_dyndriver"
 test_dyndrivers"
 test_mem_dyndriver"