[CMake] How to work around broken Find module

Marcel Loose loose at astron.nl
Thu Oct 28 05:00:23 EDT 2010

Hi all,

What is the best way to work around a broken Find module?

A technique I've used up till now is to wrap the broken module in a
module with the same name that I store in my own module directory. This
way, my wrapper module will be picked up first. Problem with this
approach is, of course, that this might break when someone is using a
newer CMake in which the broken module has been fixed.

A different approach would be to copy the fixed module from the newer
CMake and store it in my own module directory. But this might also
break, when newer versions of CMake are released.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Marcel Loose.