[CMake] CMake with CPack - unresolved libraries

marcin.czenko at sioux.eu marcin.czenko at sioux.eu
Mon Oct 25 16:35:22 EDT 2010

> You may try to use full RPATH:
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_RPATH_handling
>
> However I have 2 questions:
>
>  1) Is your ldd test done AFTER installing the .deb ?
>
>  2) Does the "not found" libraries belong to your CMake-handled project or
>      to third party libraries?

Hi Eric,

Thanks for answering. Answering your question.

ad 1) I made the test both before and after installing the .deb. The
"before" test was done on the executable in the CPack generated folder
inside the project build folder.

ad 2) the not found libraries are third party libraries.

We tried to look at the contents of the binary files and indeed the
difference between the binary created during "normal" build and the one
"created" by CPack is the RPATH. However I could not find how to change it
and I don't not understand why CPack is "touching" the executable instead
of just copying it. Most certainly I am on learning phase:). I will check
your hint tomorrow morning and I will let you know about the results.

Best Wishes,
  Marcin