[CMake] Status of clang support?

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 14:58:41 EDT 2010

On 24. Oct, 2010, at 17:33 , Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find out what's the status of clang support in CMake.
> What version of CMake is recommended to make proper use of clang 2.8+
> for building a C++ software, etc.
>
> Feeding the favourite search engine with this:
>
> clang site:http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/
>
> gives me literally 4 pages os results, but no announcement-like posts.
>

> Best regards,
> --
> Charter Member of OSGeo, http://osgeo.org
> Member of ACCU, http://accu.org

Hi

Clang's UI is a clone of gcc's, so there's very little extra work CMake has to perform. For me it works flawlessly. I don't know about the earliest version to support Clang, but AFAIK 2.8 works well.

Michael

--
There is always a well-known solution to every human problem -- neat, plausible, and wrong.
H. L. Mencken