[CMake] Creating Debian source packages with CMake

Aaron_Wright at selinc.com Aaron_Wright at selinc.com
Wed Oct 20 11:35:10 EDT 2010

Does it make sense to use CPack for debian packaging? When I first started
my current project I explored creating debian packages with CPack. I
decided not to because it is counter to what any typical debian user will
expect. Anyone getting the source for a debian package knows that running
"dpkg-buildpackage" will create packages. They may not have a clue what
CPack is. This goes for utilities such as "apt-get" which can build
packages from source if they follow the standard debian way of doing it.

---
Aaron Wright