[CMake] ExternalProject_Add + issues with env & auto-conf.

Tim St. Clair timothysc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 09:29:09 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 8:19 AM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> On 10/20/2010 9:08 AM, Tim St. Clair wrote:
>>
>> correction, I can see this issue with 2.8.2 i386 binaries vs. hand build.
>>

> Tim, it is still unclear to me what your problem is

when using ExternalProject_Add with hand built version of cmake 2.8.2
seems to have a series of issues with auto tools relating to the env,
the afore mentioned example is a direct repo.  Where it will fail in
RHEL 5.5 re-running aclocal (when I don't believe it should run at
all)

>and where you are getting the binaries from.
cmake.org

> So, a few questions:
>
> 1. Where did the binaries come from (i.e. cmake.org, some distro?)
cmake.org

> 2. Does the hand build 2.8.2 work?
yes, except for the above issue.

> 3. What exactly is the error you are seeing?
see above.

> 4. How could one try to reproduce the error?
repro, was given in 1st email chain.  Simply create a external project
with the bits above.

I will be on distcomp#cmake if you need more info. nick: tstclair

> -Bill

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Cheers,
Timothy St. Clair