[CMake] Bootstrap script generation?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 17:18:23 EDT 2010

2010/10/15 Clifford Yapp <cliffyapp at gmail.com>:
> CMake itself, when building from source, has a bootstrap script it
> uses to get going.  Can such scripts be generated by CMake for other
> project to enable building on machines without CMake?

Do you mean is CMake polymorphic and pretend it is autoconf ?

Just kidding :-]

No I don't think so, the only thing I can think of is either bootstrap CMake
itself and then go on with CMake or may be auto-install CMake with some
script getting appropriate binary version from Kitware and go on with ...

Note that CMake bootstrap script does not work on Windows, and one has
to rely on a previous CMake version to compile CMake on such platform.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org