[CMake] rpmbuild breaks if HOME is wrong

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 12:19:20 EDT 2010

2010/10/4  <fatman at crackmonkey.us>:

> Hi list,
>
> I notice rpmbuild tries to use the HOME directory as a base for its
> files. This won't work if HOME is set wrongly (eg. by "sudo -u other
> bash"), as in my case.

If you are speaking about CPackRPM generator then NO it shouldn't use HOME dir.
If it is the case then may be you have a some custom .rpmrc somewhere?

If not could you gives us more informations:
  - Which version of CMake
  - Which Linux system (Mandriva, RedHat, OpenSuSE, Fedora...) with version

> Is it possible to stop it doing this and make it use the CPack build
> hierarchy?

Like I said that should already be the case.
Could you try to run the following command in your build directory:

cpack -D CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_DEBUG=1 -G RPM

and send me the output.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org