[CMake] [windows][fortran][Unix Makefiles] Bug with CMAKE_AR expansion

Michael Hertling mhertling at online.de
Mon Oct 4 10:13:31 EDT 2010

On 10/04/2010 02:14 PM, Maik Beckmann wrote:
> The problem seem to be triggered the fact that the toplevel
> CMakeLists.txt (
> http://gitorious.org/hdf5/hdf5-v18/blobs/master/CMakeLists.txt )
> contains
>   PROJECT (HDF5 C CXX)
> and another CMakeLists.txt in a subdirectory (
> http://gitorious.org/hdf5/hdf5-v18/blobs/master/hl/fortran/CMakeLists.txt
> )
>   PROJECT(HDF5_HL_F90 C CXX Fortran)
> because the problem vanishes when I add Fortran to the list of
> languages in the toplevel CMakeLists.txt
>   PROJECT (HDF5 C CXX Fortran)
>
> This workaround works for me, but is of course not a solution for the
> maintainer of  http://gitorious.org/hdf5/hdf5-v18 .

FYI: Recently, there has been another issue which makes it necessary to
enable Fortran in the top-level PROJECT() rather than in a sub-project
of a mixed-language configuration: [1]. Maybe, these two issues are
interrelated and can be traced back to the same origin.

Regards,

Michael

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/cmake@cmake.org/msg31690.html