[CMake] [windows][fortran][Unix Makefiles] Bug with CMAKE_AR expansion

Maik Beckmann beckmann.maik at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 4 07:44:05 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm building this
  http://gitorious.org/hdf5/hdf5-v18
on windows using msvc and intel's fortran compiler in a minimal cygwin
environment with the Unix Makefile generator.  It fails because for
some reason cmake decides to use ar to create a static library (which
isn't even installed), where it should use msvc's lib.exe.

Something odd is going on, because a number of other static libs are
built just fine, but these are created from C rather than Fortran
sources.  I'm in the process of debugging this.  So far I added some
printf statements and the result is this log file
  http://pastebin.com/qFbkVikJ
Look at line 268
  real_link_commands="" cr ...

If there is an entry in cmake's bug database which I didn't find so
far, please tell me.