[CMake] [2.6] set_tests_properties with PATH ignored?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sat Oct 2 18:16:46 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm using CMake 2.6 on Windows XP.

I need to set DLLs location for tests of a software I develop on
Windows. So, I found Scott's solution very interesting:

http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2009-May/029464.html

I followed this recipe and updated my CMakeLists.txt
In CTestTestfile.cmake  I can see propertly generated PATH
with correctly quoted semi-colons, etc.

Next, I tried ctest in mytest directory.
Unfortunately, DLLs not found.
When I copy DLLs to my test directory, everything works,
so the problem is somewhere else than in my program.

I tried to investigate it, carefully checking all quotes for \\
and semi-colon, paths, I tried very basic paths like "PATH=D:\\"
without any luck.

Eventually, I upgraded to latest CMake 2.8 release
and without touching my CMakeLists.txt, my tests
started to run, DLLs found, etc.

Perhaps it's well known problem that Scott's trick
does not work with CMake 2.6, but if not I think it may
important users can find about it scanning the ML archives.

Best regards,
Member of ACCU, http://accu.org