[CMake] Disabling -fPIC

Marek Szuba marecki at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 09:51:18 EDT 2010

Hello,

Recently I have converted a Linux project I work on from hand-crafted make
files to CMake. Everything up to and including installation works fine,
however the resulting binaries cannot be run due to the system on which this
software runs disallowing text relocations. Having compared how the compiler
is is invoked by both CMake-generated and hand-crafted make files, I believe
this is caused by the former using -fPIC, which while generally a good idea
does not do here because the project depends on a number of binary-only
libraries compiled (according to eu-findtexrel) without this flag.
Therefore, how can I convince CMake not to use this flag?

Cheers,
--
MS