[CMake] Is there really any cmake support?

Oliver Smith osmith at playnet.com
Sun Mar 28 11:36:17 EDT 2010

On 3/28/2010 5:14 AM, Fred Fred wrote:
> This list seems not to be really active and I did not receive any help
> since I posted this one week ago. BTW this issue has been open on
> Mantis more than 3 months ago and seems still to be open! So is there
> really anybody trying to help on cmake??
If the developers were out monitoring every bug-reporting list in the
universe (such as ITK), there probably wouldn't be any support. To
answer your question: yes you should post it to the CMake bug reporting
tool if you want the CMake people to know about it.

If the bug is that mission critical to you, there is always the option
of downloading the source, fixing the bug, and submitting a patch to the
CMake developers.

Otherwise - I'd love to know what significantly-cross-platform open
source projects you've been working on where bug fixes have such a rapid
turnaround. I've seen fairly critical bug tickets for Ubuntu, GDM,
Firefox, Thunderbird, OpenOffice and GCC for years. MySQL has had
several fatal crash bugs open for 2+ years, and their response to a
major bug introduced by Prepared Statements was, after a year of people
complaining about it, to remove the default auto-connection behavior to
"sort of make it go away".

Thus far, I've gotten better support out of the CMake developers than I
have from several commercial software providers, including Intel.

- Oliver