[CMake] CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR overwritten by CMake Fortran language support

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri Mar 26 17:20:45 EDT 2010

On 2010-03-26 16:44-0400 Brad King wrote:

> Bill Hoffman wrote:
>> Alan W. Irwin wrote:
>>> It has been reported (by Arjen Markus) that the MinGW issue
>>> is because something in that case overwrites CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR
>
> There is only one line in the entire source tree that ever sets
> that variable.  It's in Source/cmMakefile.cxx:
>
>  this->AddDefinition("CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR", this->GetHomeDirectory());

What does this->GetHomeDirectory() do?

Arjen reported to me that CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR was overwritten to
F:/plplot-svn/build-mingw-test-cmake/language_tests/Fortran/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/

Is that consistent with the above code in the MinGW case?

>> One thing you might want to try is cmake --trace, and then track down
>> where the CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR is getting clobbered.
>
> This is a good approach.

In case Arjen is slow to respond with results from cmake --trace, I hope the
additional information above gives you some help in tracking this down.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).