[CMake] Still no luck with visual studio 2008

Oli Glaser oli at glasers.org
Wed Mar 17 22:54:03 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have managed to get it as far as this error now, but no further. It does work when set to mingw however. The error message is not too helpful - does anyone have any idea how I go about getting it to work with visual studio? Is it something to do with the open source app I am trying to compile? i.e although on the info for it, it said it could be compiled easily using cmake for any platform, do I have to change settings in the makefiles or code to get it to work?

Does anyone use visual studio with cmake out there?

It appears you're trying to use Visual Studio with Qt built by mingw

Full error:

Check for working C compiler: cl
Check for working C compiler: cl -- works

Detecting C compiler ABI info

Detecting C compiler ABI info - done

Check for working CXX compiler: cl

Check for working CXX compiler: cl -- works

Detecting CXX compiler ABI info

Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done

Looking for Q_WS_X11

Looking for Q_WS_X11 - not found.

Looking for Q_WS_WIN

Looking for Q_WS_WIN - found

Looking for Q_WS_QWS

Looking for Q_WS_QWS - not found.

Looking for Q_WS_MAC

Looking for Q_WS_MAC - not found.

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindQt4.cmake:775 (MESSAGE):

It appears you're trying to use Visual Studio with Qt built by mingw

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMakeLists.txt:7 (find_package)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!