[CMake] Windows/VC9: How to set a global include path?

Dennis Kempin mail at dennis-kempin.de
Sat Mar 13 15:36:37 EST 2010

Hi there!

Is it possible to set an global include path as environment variable
for cmake? I want cmake to search the path for include files when
using the find_package command.

At the moment I have the following line in my CMakeLists.txt

set(CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH "C:/Program Files/Microsoft
SDKs/Windows/v6.0A/Include" ${CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH})

Which, well.. works, but is kinda hacky. Is it possible to set this as
an environment variable for cmake? Or any way to setup this before
configuring without editing the CMakeLists.txt?

Would be nice if someone had a suggestion for my problem.
Regards,
Dennis