[CMake] CPack & NSIS documentation issue

Christoph Höger choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 11 10:25:10 EST 2010

Hi all,

as you might know, CPack does support CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_INSTALL_COMMANDS,
what I found out is the following:

1. You cannot simply add !include directives here (I wanted to use the
EnvVarUpdate function)

2. You need to escape your string twice, because it goes through two
steps of cmake script generators. This is mentioned in the examples but
should be documented somewhere.

3. NSIS sometimes uses the same sequence for variable dereference as
cmake does e.g. ${HWND_BROADCAST} in

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Setting_Environment_Variables

So there needs to be a safe way to escape variables in cmake strings,
but I could not find any documentation about this stuff.

If anyone would give me a hint or two about 3 and if some of the
developers could consider adding an additional variable for 1 I would
write that down in the public wiki.

regards

Christoph