[CMake] Decompressing a file with cmake

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Mar 8 11:49:12 EST 2010

The "cmake -E tar ..." commands will decompress zip files, but only with CVS
from the git master branch.

The functionality depends on libarchive which is in the git master branch,
but is not yet in a CMake release.

If you need to use CMake 2.8 or earlier, you'll have to use some other
external tool for zip file extraction. If you can use "CMake git master"
then you can use cmake to do the decompression.

HTH,
David