[CMake] find_path for multiple files

Ryan Pavlik rpavlik at iastate.edu
Fri Mar 5 10:28:02 EST 2010

You should be able to set the variables to be "internal" cache variables
after-the-fact - see
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8-docs.html#section_Properties%20on%20Cache%20Entries

That would at least keep them entirely out of the gui, even in advanced
mode.

Ryan

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Guillaume Duhamel <
guillaume.duhamel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I ended up writing my own macro to do the job:
> http://code.google.com/p/soupcon/source/browse/trunk/findxul/FMP.cmake
> there's also some usage example in my FindXUL module:
> http://code.google.com/p/soupcon/source/browse/trunk/findxul/FindXUL.cmake
>
> That's a bit more complex than what I described as it's able to find
> multiple groups of files in multiple groups of possible paths +
> path_suffixes.
> That's my first time at writing CMake modules so I guess I did a number of
> things wrong, but at least it's working enough to compile my XUL based app
> on linux / mac / windows :)
>
> There's at least one thing I really don't like about that macro though, it
> generates too many variables in the cache. There's NxM find_path calls (with
> N being the number of file to find and M the number of path groups), each
> one generating a cache variable and those variable are just "temporary"
> variables.
> Is there any way to clean those useless cache variables?
>
> Guillaume

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Ryan Pavlik
HCI Graduate Student