[CMake] CPack RPM: how to specify the compression type ?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 15:36:31 EST 2010

2010/3/3 Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>:

>> RPM generator does not support custom rpmbuild parameter
>> but it support custom spec file so depending on the solution (if it exists)
>> it may already be possible or not  :-)
>
> Ok, found it, thanks to the friendly guys from SUSE :-)
>
> For bzip2:
> %define _binary_payload w9.bzdio
>
> for gzip:
> %define _binary_payload w9.gzdio
>
> for lzma:
> %define _binary_payload w9.lzdio
>
> I've set this using the CPACK_RPM_SPEC_MORE_DEFINE variable.

That's definitely the appropriate spaceholder.

> Maybe this could be supported via something like a CPACK_RPM_COMPRESSION_TYPE
> variable ?

Yes I'll add it to my TODO list.
May be I'll have to check whether if it's supported by other RPM based distros
(Mandriva, RedHat, CentOS, Fedora  etc...) in order to make it robust,
i.e. ignoring i tif not supported.

Would you be kind enough to file a feature request and assign it to me?

I'll try to bundle this during my next CPackRPM working session.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org