[CMake] Using absolute values in include_directories directive

Ryan Pavlik rpavlik at iastate.edu
Wed Mar 3 14:15:23 EST 2010

You can do this at configure-time, by doing
include_directories($ENV{WHATEVERDIR})

although that's generally discouraged - use a find module instead to set
SOMEPACKAGE_INCLUDE_DIRS that you can use like:
include_directories(${SOMEPACKAGE_INCLUDE_DIRS})

For the case of QT, see my recent email to the list showing a clean
CMake file for building a QT app.

Ryan

On 03/03/2010 12:44 PM, Felipe Sodre dos Santos wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> Im trying to set an include directory which is actually an environment
> variable inside VC++ , $(QTDIR), and thus I tried the following:

> include_directories(
>
>   $(QTDIR)/include
>
> )

> It comes up that in the resulting SLN file, it translates that
> directive to C:/basedir/$(QTDIR)/include, where basedir is the root
> directory for the project. However, that wouldn't work since $(QTDIR)
> is something like "C:\Qt".
>
> Is there a way to make CMake to not put "C:/basedir/" before $(QTDIR) ?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Felipe

Ryan Pavlik
HCI Graduate Student