[CMake] [vtkusers] mingw library naming - bug 10969

Jim Peterson jimcp at cox.net
Sat Jul 31 23:10:48 EDT 2010

I Downloaded the Visual Studio Express 2008 and build Vtk with Java
Wrappers one more time. This was successful. the samples run and display
correctly.

Sorry if my expecations from the MingW32 and MSYS compiler options in
windows was too high. if they are untested and not to be used, I would
suggest adding some indication  from the base CMAKELIST.txt to inform
the user that the results are not verified. Now that I have dll's
created by both  mingw and VS I can see if I can find what is probably a
name mangling issue and see if I can get it resolved via vtk delivered
specifications in the mingw build. I assume there might be some interest.

Thanks for all the responses. Each bit if information was useful.

Jim Peterson