[CMake] Adding Additional Changes to Cmake's clean target

Bob Torgerson frostbitebynight at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 17:56:36 EDT 2010

Greetings,

I have recently been tasked with converting our old GNU makefiles to CMake
for a medium-sized project involving both C and Fortran external components.
CMake has made a big difference and helped make this process much more
straightforward for each of the researchers who are using different
platforms for compiling their code. However, I have had to make a few custom
commands / targets to accomplish some of the additional work that must be
done in order to build this project and have discovered that CMake does not
automatically generate new statements in its "clean" target when I use these
custom commands. Since one of the custom commands is as simple as copying a
directory's contents to the current source directory, I would like the clean
statement to simply remove these files. Does anyone know of a way to modify
the CMakeLists.txt file to allow for new changes to be made to the "clean"
target? I have not found the answer online or in the "Mastering CMake" book.

Any help you can give me, I would appreciate greatly!

Thanks in advance,

Bob