[CMake] Capturing/processing output of the ADD_TEST command

Emmanuel Blot eblot.ml at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 12:01:13 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'd like to run some static analysis tool from CTest. (2.8.1)

I've added enable_testing() and add_test() calls in my CMakeLists.txt
file, and the static analysis tool is invoked as expected, however:
  * CTest discards both the tool standard output and tool standard
error stream when ran with no option, which makes the purpose of the
analysis useless;
  * CTest preserves both tool stream outputs when run with the -V
option, but add its own output messages to the resulting info, which
makes the analysis output nearly impossible to read.

1/ Is it possible to keep the standard error stream from the tool and
to discard CTest ouput and the tool's stdout ?
2/ It does not seem CTest follows the same convention as CMake's
ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND which accepts an 'ARGS' argument and stream
redirection (using '>'). What's the equivalent syntax in CTest?

Thanks,
Manu