[CMake] [VS gen] Multiple configurations code

Olaf van der Spek olafvdspek at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 16:24:11 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 10:12 PM, David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com> wrote:
>> Is there a problem with multiple configures / build trees?
>
> No, not at all. We do this all the time. But again, I thought from your
> questions that you were trying to do it all in one build tree.

I'm not familiar with the term build tree.

Let's describe what I'd like:
I've got a single CMakeLists.txt for a lib named "xbt". I've got xbt.h
and xbt.cpp. I'm using VS (2010).
With a few simple commands, I should be able to build and package all
possible configurations of this lib.
In the ideal case, this would be cmake ., nmake ... or similar.

It should not be necessary to modify CMakeLists or to have multiple
copies of the source.

Olaf