[CMake] Parallel build with ctest 2.8.2

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Jul 26 15:59:17 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 21 July 2010, Ryan Pavlik wrote:
>   My CreateDashboardScripts.cmake and DashboardScript.cmake.in located
> in this repository might be a useful example - I also had a hard time
> figuring out how to do the new-style script.
>
> http://github.com/rpavlik/wiimote-head-tracker-gui/tree/master/cmake/

For use by KDE4 I wrote KDECTestNightly.cmake, which you can find here:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/cmake/nightly-support/ , complete with
documentation at the top.
It does not yet support git.

It is actually completely KDE independent and can be used also for non-KDE
non-Qt projects. The "kde_" prefix is just used to point out that these
varibales/macros do not come from the ctest as it comes with cmake, but from
the extra module.

It's a cmake module which offers some functions/macros and variables for use
in new-style ctest scripts, to make it easier to write them.

Here is an example ctest-script which drives the nightly build of the kdelibs
project:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/cmake/nightly-support/KDE/KDELibsNightly.cmake?revision=1117002&view=markup

Alex