[CMake] Debug/Release configurations for codeblocks ?

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Mon Jul 26 13:12:14 EDT 2010

On Jul 26, 2010, at 1:02 PM, Olaf van der Spek wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Michael Wild <themiwi at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 26. Jul, 2010, at 18:49 , Olaf van der Spek wrote:

>> It is single-configuration.
>
> First let me say I don't know Code Blocks.
> The question implies Code Blocks project files support multiple
> configurations.
> So what does "is single-configuration."?
>
> Olaf
>
>> Patches are welcome ;-) I don't think it would be too hard to
>> implement, mostly some Makefile magic, deferring a lot from CMake-
>> time to build-time. However I'm unsure as to how people will like it.
>
> Why?

Because it may horrendously interfere with my current established
workflows but I would be open to trying this out. The main issue I can
think of is the whole release/debug versions of libraries clobbering
each other during the build. This would force an updated policy for
the decorating of library/executable names or generating sub folders
for each type of build configuration. Didn't we just discuss this in
another thread?

>> An there remains the question of how to select the build type from
>> the command line. I'd hate having to pass make a variable
>> definition...
>
> Have a default type in CMakeLists?
>
> Olaf

The default is for CMake to generate a "Release" configuration for
Makefile based projects. ie, if you do NOT specify or otherwise set
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE then you will be a "Release" configuration.

Mike Jackson