[CMake] Debug/Release configurations for codeblocks ?

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 12:59:43 EDT 2010

On 26. Jul, 2010, at 18:49 , Olaf van der Spek wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 6:58 PM, Alexander Neundorf
> <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Hmm, the Codeblocks generator is makefile-based.

It is single-configuration.

> What exactly does makefile-based mean/imply?
>
>> Each makefile-based buildtree builds only one configuration.
>> If you want multiple configurations, create one buildtree for each
>> configuration (each with its own C::B project file).
>
> That doesn't seem right.

Patches are welcome ;-) I don't think it would be too hard to implement, mostly some Makefile magic, deferring a lot from CMake-time to build-time. However I'm unsure as to how people will like it. An there remains the question of how to select the build type from the command line. I'd hate having to pass make a variable definition...

> Olaf

Michael