[CMake] Finding Python3

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Jul 22 07:19:02 EDT 2010

With respect to fixing 10718, *if* we fix it (and that's a big *if* because
it's a sweeping change in behavior with largely unpredictable real world
consequences), I suggest that we:
- have both loops in CMake,
- and that the default behavior remains the same as it is now,
- and that we activate the new behavior by adding new keyword arguments:
perhaps NAMES_FIRST and PATHS_FIRST

That way, stuff stays the same as it is now unless a "finder" activates it
explicitly in *new* CMake code.

I'm going to add this as a note to 10718, and a pointer to this whole thread
if there's not already one there.

Thanks,
David Cole