[CMake] Bug? project(X T) returns weird error

Brian Davis bitminer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 10:18:20 EDT 2010

I agree with Olaf.  CMake needs better error reporting for parameter
checking on macros and functions

I ran into similar with use of:

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMakeMacroParseArguments

where I elided the empty quotes "" and it was as though the macro/function
it was contained in did not exist as though it could not find the ending
paren ")".  I realize I should always use functions as specified, but as
humans inevitably make mistakes it's best to have decent error reporting so
we can correct our ways.  After scouring the macro/function I  Ironically
traced the error I was having to checking/getting the input parameters in a
macro/function.  So my error was due to the code I put in to get/check the
input parameters to a function which due to bad use of parameters in this
function caused the obscure error... Doesn't that just beat all.  It was
super awsome.