[CMake] Finding Debug Versions of Qt4 Frameworks on OS X

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Mon Jul 19 13:59:22 EDT 2010

Wonder why I have never seen this before but with CMake 2.8.x and a
Qt4 based project on OS X when finding the Qt4 frameworks only the
release version is found, ie, the Debug version that is located inside
the framework is NOT found by default.
   My question is: is this a bug, a "feature" or should I be using the
DYLD_IMAGE_SUFFIX environment variable instead?

  The offending code is in the FindQt4.cmake file around lines 772:

FIND_LIBRARY(QT_${_upper_qt_module}_LIBRARY_DEBUG
                  NAMES ${QT_MODULE}${QT_LIBINFIX}_debug ${QT_MODULE}$
{QT_LIBINFIX}d ${QT_MODULE}${QT_LIBINFIX}d4
                  PATHS ${QT_LIBRARY_DIR} NO_DEFAULT_PATH
         )

I would imagine that the cmake code above is going to try and find
QtCore_debug.framework and NOT QtCore.framework/versions/current/
QtCore_debug

  Thoughts?
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio