[CMake] cmake 2.8.2 win32: invalid escape sequence when finding fortran compiler

Ryan Pavlik rpavlik at iastate.edu
Wed Jul 14 12:37:57 EDT 2010

Be careful with your use of $ENV{PROGRAMFILES} - it might not give you what
you expect on a 64-bit computer. Since the CMake binary is by default
32-bit, you need some logic to make sure you're looking where you think
you're looking.

See also:
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=9992 - related CMake bug with
patch: contains some cmake script code to figure out what program files env
var is appropriate to search given the *build type* (32-bit or 64-bit)
regardless of the bit mode of the CMake executable itself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environment_variable#System_path_variables -
explanation of the numerous ProgramFiles variables on a 64-bit system.

Ryan

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2010/7/14 John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>:
> > On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Verweij, Arjen <VerweijA at tass-safe.com>
> wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> Isn't that to be expected of a PATH setting on a Windows computer?
> >> Anyway, the path to the Visual Studio compiler is of the same format and
> cmake deals with it just fine.
> >>

> > I use / for all paths inside my CMakeLists.txt files even on windows
> > computers. If I am grabbing paths from the environment I use a string
> > replace in the CMakeLists.txt
> >
> > string (REPLACE "\\" "/" PGM_FILES $ENV{PROGRAMFILES})
>
> file(TO_CMAKE_PATH "$ENV{PROGRAMFILES}" PGM_FILES)
>
> should work as well.
>
> see the file command for details.
>

> --
> Erk
> Membre de l'April - « promouvoir et défendre le logiciel libre » -
> http://www.april.org

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Ryan Pavlik
HCI Graduate Student